I feel like my personal abilities regarding Bloom’s digital taxonomy range from least to greatest starting from lower order thinking skills. What i mean by that is my lower order thinking skills are much weaker than my higher order thinking skills. I think this could possibly pose an issue as moderation throughout seems to be ideal. The description of my order of thinking skills go as follows:
- Remembering – I like to think my memory is great however I know that my memory is pretty bad. I find myself remembering the most trivial parts of lectures or important topics while the actual substantial information seems to always glide right over my head. It usually takes me a few times to read or retain information before it is actually ingrained into my memory
- Understanding – Once again my ability to understand is a lot weaker than I’d like to think it is. When it comes to understanding concepts it takes me a few times to cover and re-cover the material to finally gain a proper understanding; however, once an understanding is gained i have a real and genuine understanding for said material.
- Applying – My ability to apply is moderate, once i have gained a good understanding of that which is needed to be applied I can execute said application with general ease.
- Analyzing – When analyzing come into play is when i start to flourish. Once i fully understand a concept, i then further consider the ideas and and analyze its meaning and contents. This is where I fully understand not only what it means but what how it can apply to the exterior world.
- Evaluating – Evaluating happens to be one of my greater skills. This is where i actually dissect the material and its contents and approach it from my own perspective. This is where I can possibly expand on certain ideas and concepts bringing the material to a beneficial position to me.
- Creating – Creating may or may not be my strongest attribute, regardless it is my favourite. This is where I gather all the previous mentioned abilities from Bloom’s taxonomy and produce something of my own. This is my favourite and probably best ability of the bunch because the possible outcomes are endless and limited to my own Remembering, Understanding, Applying, Analyzing, Evaluating, Creating and my overall mind.
“educational-origami – Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy.” educational-origami – home. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2013.